All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionA detailed portrait of Swedish immigrant life and culture in the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis, told in 22 essays by leading scholars from the US and Sweden. Includes contributions from twenty-four leading scholars in both the United States and Sweden investigating various facets of Swedish life and culture in the Twin Cities. For these immigrants, many of whom had been farmers in the old country, the cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul were truly an urban frontier. The first-ever collection of essays on the subject, this book enhances our understanding of the immigrant experience in Minneapolis and St. Paul while also making an important contribution to the broader history of Swedish immigration to the United States.
- Author BiographyPhilip J Anderson and Dag Blanck, Editors
- Author(s)Editors Philip J Anderson and Dag Blanck
- PublisherMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2001
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationSt Paul
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Content Notetables & b/w photos
- Weight750 g
- Width230 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byDag Blanck,Philip J. Anderson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.