All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSwedish is spoken by the roughly ten million inhabitants of Sweden, one of the world's most politically and ecomically successful democracies. Also spoken by businesspeople and emigrants living abroad, Swedish is an important medium for communication across Europe and the world. In addition, Sweden's natural and historical wonders, from the aurora borealis to Stockholm's old town, make it one of the top 20 tourist destinations in the world, with nearly 8 million visitors each year. Swedish is an official language of the European Union, the Nordic Council, and Finland. Features: Practical size with 28,000 entries of essential Swedish; Entries include useful grammar tes and possible variants; Stressed vowels are marked for ease of pronunciation; Contains a general pronunciation guide; Perfect for businesspeople, travellers, and students.
- Author BiographyHarald Hille holds an advanced degree in linguistics and worked for twenty-five years as a translator for the United Nations, serving in New York and Geneva. The son of a Swedish father and a Norwegian mother, he has had a life-long interest in Scandinavian languages and cultures and has consulted on many dictionary projects for Hippocrene Books.
- Author(s)Herald Hille
- PublisherHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication05/05/2011
- LanguageEnglish & Swedish
- SubjectBilingual Dictionaries
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note28,000 entries
- Weight372 g
- Width175 mm
- Height115 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.