All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese are stories filled with wicked magicians, troublesome trolls, teasing magpies, and solemn tomtar. In Swedish fairy tales, frogs become beautiful fairy girls, troll girls marry troll princes, kings transform into woodcutters, and little boys go searching for adventure in the forest. This collection of twenty-one marvelous tales includes: The Seven Wishes The Trolls and the Youngest Tomte The Changelings Leap the Elk and Little Princess Cottongrass The Queen And many more These stories are clever and fun, full of adventure and magic. A world of wonder and mystery is brought to life by the spellbinding art of one of the world's greatest illustrators of fairy tales, John Bauer. His big-sed, good-natured trolls are sure to delight, while his heroes and heroines shine brightly, bringing hope and goodness to dark places. Sky Pony Press, with our Good Books, Racehorse and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of books for young readers--picture books for small children, chapter books, books for middle grade readers, and vels for young adults. Our list includes bestsellers for children who love to play Minecraft; stories told with LEGO bricks; books that teach lessons about tolerance, patience, and the environment, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyHolger Lundbergh is the grandson of the famous Danish storyteller Helena Nyblom. He has published numerous articles and a book of poetry, as well as translations from Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian. He lives in Stockholm, Sweden. John Bauer illustrated the work of nearly all well-known Swedish storytellers, many of whom appear in this book. He died at the age of thirty-six in 1918.
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note50 color illustrations
- Weight657 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)John Bauer
- Translated byHolger Lundbergh
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.