Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 22 Dec
- AU $20.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by weazle_worzel
- Est. delivery by 12 Dec
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid, a smart corporate lawyer equipped with an enquiring mind, begins to query why it is we are so much heavier than previous generations, and discovers a culprit: sugar, or, more specifically, the fructose component of sugar. Sweet Poison exposes one of the great health scourges of our time and offers a wealth of practical and accessible information on how to avoid fructose, increase your enjoyment of food and lose weight.
- Author BiographyDavid Gillespie is a recovering corporate lawyer, co-founder of a successful software company and consultant to the IT industry. He is also the father of six young children (including one set of twins). With such a lot of extra time on his hands, and 40 extra kilos on his waistline, he set out to investigate why he, like so many in his generation, was fat. He deciphered the latest medical findings on diet and weight gain and what he found was chilling. Being fat was the least of his problems. He needed to stop poisoning himself. Sweet Poison website- sweetpoison.com.au Twitter- twitter.com/gillespi
- Author(s)David Gillespie
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintViking Australia
- Weight304 g
- Width156 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- evison15504 Jun, 2012by
Forget Tabacco - SUGAR is killing us all, Save your life & your Kids today!
I have had an awful pain in my abdomen for years and countless tests and scans could not find the problem. My GI suggested I might be Fructose Intolerant and suggested I research it further. I found loads of information that lead me to buying the SWEET POISON BOOK. If only I had read this years ago or at least when I was raising my children. Well I lost 13 kgs in 8 weeks just by avoiding sugar. I have more energy than I have in years and my pain is almost gone. If you are eating sugar, read this book and STOP poisoning you and your family! Life is about quality not just quantity. To think the world allows this to happen to all populations. Forget the Hype about Tabacco, SUGAR is the real killer! BEST book I have read in my life well written and an easy read.
- mich101internet11 Mar, 2013by
If you want to know what sugar really is then you must read this book
This book was a real eye opener, teaching the reader about the hidden dangers in sugar..the FRUCTOSE in sugar to be exact is what keeps people putting on their weight without even knowing it, the author dispels other diet myths that were once belived and popular but are now known to be wrong, I wish I had heard about this book earlier, I am so happy I now own it and have taken the information in it to heart, and went and got the few other follow up books that the author has also written, i was that interested in what he said.
- rustyjoe4105 Dec, 2012by
Worth its weight in GOLD
This is the second time i have bought this book, the first one I lent to someone and didnt get it back. The information revealed by David Gillespie is to put it simply..correct. I see the results of eating sugar all around me, myself included, since I have stopped eating sugar I have lost weight and avoided type 2 diabetes. My doctor had advised me that I was in the 'grey area' of diabetes. The book is worth its weight in gold and it should be requried reading in schools. And given as Christmas presents to every loved one who is over weight.
- stuartriddell02 Sep, 2012by
How this book changed my life
Great book, changed my life. After three months of no sugar I lost 8 kgs and feel 100% better. Sugar is indeed poison to our bodies and causing much of the overweight problems in our society. I would urge everyone to read the book or read what is on google search 'sugar - poison'
- dumilaperera21 Apr, 2013by
Really good one for Health.
Its tells how we can protest our selves form Sugar n how we can reduce our weight. Thanks regards Dumila
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36