All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.15
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $32.32
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $39.53
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $32.89
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $17.47
About this product
- DescriptionEasy recipes for chefs of all levels and fans of the true star of the fall season: the sweet potato! Sweet potatoes have always been part of our country's history. While they quickly became a beloved part of the diet of United States Southerners, they weren't always appreciated by the rest of us. In recent years, we've all come to our senses and promoted these root vegetables to the rock star status they deserve. In addition to their versatility and taste, sweet potatoes are a powerhouse of nutrition and have been named one of the ten most important vegetables globally. Sweet Potatoes: 60 Recipes for Every Season contains more than sixty sweet and savory recipes with emphasis on seasonal ingredients. Along with several variations of sweet potato pie, you'll find creative recipes for tasty dishes such as: sweet potato cornbread pulled pork tacos with sweet potato slaw apple brined chicken and sweet potato skillet dinner maple sweet potato grala sweet potato apple butter and more! Whether you're a vegetarian, athlete, picky eater, or cast-iron enthusiast, you'll discover recipes that will easily become staples in your meal rotation. It can fit into the nutrition plan for every lifestyle and taste preference across the country. Alongside these delicious sweet and savory recipes, author Jackie Garvin also provides a narrative with full-color photographs explaining the life, from harvest to shipment, of the sweet potato.
- Author BiographyJackie Garvin retired to focus on cooking, eating, digging in the dirt, and writing about it after a successful career as a registered nurse, corporate executive, and entrepreneur. In 2011, she created her Southern food blog, Syrup and Biscuits, to chronicle wonderful food memories before they were forgotten. She is also the author of Biscuits: Sweet and Savory Southern Recipes for the All-American Kitchen. She lives in Valrico, Florida, with her husband and basset hound.
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication06/09/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Content Note100 color photos
- Weight928 g
- Width190 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Photographer(s)Jackie Garvin
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.