All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionDishy...with a Smiths soundtrack [and] a Sedaris streak. -Brian Howe, INDY Week A gifted writer, Anderson is...delightful in his irreverence, and astutely aware of himself and his particular perspective. His observations are often laugh-out-loud funny and will leave readers with the desire to...keep turning the pages... -Publishers Weekly review for Anderson, author of Tune in Tokyo and Sweet Tooth What's a sweets-loving young boy growing up gay in North Carolina in the eighties supposed to think when he's diagsed with type 1 diabetes? That God is punishing him, naturally. This was, after all, when gay-hating Jesse Helms was his senator, AIDS was still the boogeyman, and one was saying, It gets better. And if stealing a copy of a gay por magazine from the newsagent was a sin, then surely what the men inside were doing to one ather was much worse. Sweet Tooth is Tim Anderson's uproarious memoir of life after his hormones and blood sugar both went berserk at the age of fifteen. With Morrissey and The Smiths as the soundtrack, Anderson self-deprecatingly recalls love affairs with vests and donuts, first crushes, coming out, and inaugural trips to gay bars. What emerges is the story of a young man trying to build a future that won't involve crippling loneliness or losing a foot to his disease-and maybe even one that, matter how unpredictable, can still be pretty sweet.
- Author BiographyIn addition to Sweet Tooth, Tim Anderson is the author of Tune in Tokyo: The Gaijin Diaries, which Publishers Weekly called laugh-out-loud funny, Shelf Awareness called so much fun, and Michiko Kakutani of the New York Times completely ignored. He is an editor and lives in Brooklyn with his husband, Jimmy; his cat, Stella; and his yoga balance ball, Sheila. Tim also writes young adult historical fiction under the name T. Neill Anderson and blogs at seetimblog.blogspot.com. His favorite Little Debbie snack cake is the Fudge Round.
- Author(s)Tim Anderson
- PublisherAmazon Publishing
- Date of Publication11/03/2014
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLake Union Publishing
- Weight386 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.