All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a collection of 70 pie recipes, gathered from the women in author Patty Pinner's life -family, friends, women who are part of her own personal history. What distinguishes this book is its utterly beguiling storytelling - each recipe is accompanied by a story told on the woman kwn for making the pie, from Sister Baby's Buttermilk Pie to Miss Hatfield and Her Jelly Pies. It also filled with the truths handed down by our mothers (or that we wish had been handed down by our mothers) like: An unhappy husband will ask for toasted sw and You don't want a man who is jealous of thing or everything. This is a cookbook that's about love, life, family, friendship and community as much as it is about the recipes.
- Author BiographyPatty Pinner is the author of Sweets: A Collection of Soul Food Desserts and Memories, Ten Speed Press, which Maida Heater called a rare treasure.
- Author(s)Patty Pinner
- PublisherTaunton Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationConnecticut
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTaunton Press Inc
- Out-of-print date24/11/2010
- Content Notefull colour photos / illustrations throughout
- Weight975 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.