Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 1848 and the British Empire has grown rich exploiting Lilliputian slaves - the finesse of their working allowing unheard of feats of minature engineering; even Babbage's computing device has been made to work. But w the French have formed a regiment of previously peaceful Brobdingnagian giants and invasion looms. In a world where humanity is both smaller and larger than it once was, love and hate loom large. Mankind discovers itself at the centre of scale. Lilliputians are twelve times smaller than us but there are those twelve times smaller than them, and twelve times smaller again and so on. And the scale of being goes up from Swift's giants also ...Adam Roberts has written both a rip roaring 19th century adventure, a love story and a thought-provoking pre-atomic SF vel about our place in the universe.
- Author BiographyAdam Roberts is Professor of Nineteenth Century Literature at Royal Holloway College, London University. His novels, Salt and Gradisil were shortlisted for the Arthur C. Clarke Award. His novel Jack Glass won the BSFA and John W. Campbell Awards for best novel. He has also published a number of academic works on both 19th century poetry and SF.
- Author(s)Adam Roberts
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/01/2009
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleGollancz S.F.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight310 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.