Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShe swims into the medals and then into oblivion - a sensuous, searing, compact debut from an outstanding new British writer. This is a striking, supple and direct debut from a new English writer that both promises an exceptionally exciting future and provides an unusual, accomplished and saleable debut. It's a character piece, charting the life of a girl who becomes besotted with butterflies and swimming on the same holiday when an infant, then grows up to become a world-class swimmer before, at 19, obsolescence overtakes her with disorienting haste...If taken on its own terms - as an intense and focused portrait - it is simply staggering; a miniature, but a perfect one. It is stuffed with gorgeously apt and fresh imagery and has tremendous verve about it. It reads, in fact, like a race, as it should.
- Author Biographybill broady lives and works in Yorkshire. This astonishing debut is the fruit of Littlewoods' largesse. He has also written and published some poetry and short stories in, amongst others, The London Magazine, Poetry Now, Sofa, Printer's Devil, The Big Issue, Artscene and The Dalesman.
- Author(s)Bill Broady
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication16/10/2000
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight112 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $28.83New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.83
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.83
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
- AU $17.03Trending at AU $19.94
- AU $79.86Trending at AU $82.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.