All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this text as stated in the preface to our book Swine Production in Temperate and Tropical Environments, 1974, is to provide a technical basis for successful production of pork in both temperate and tropical environments. The competitive position of pork as a food source both in the developed and developing countries has continued to be strengthened during the past 1 0 years. In this book, we update the current kwledge and techlogy upon which pork production is based-covering extensively the new kwledge of feeds and their nutrient values. The current growth of the world swine population is faster than that of the human population, reflecting the high demand for pork among consumers in all parts of the world. Advances in genetics, physiology, nutrition, and bio- techlogy have permitted continued improvements in efficiency of pork produc- tion, and prospects are bright for continued advances. The principles of modem production techlogy addressed in this book provide the basis for application by the swine industry in a broad range of environmental and ecomic settings. We have attempted to present a balanced coverage of the biological, ecomic, and husbandry aspects of swine production for use by college and university students, personnel in the feed and food industries, livestock extension specialists, and commercial swine producers.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/11/2012
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleAnimal Science Textbook Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1399 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byWilson G. Pond
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.44
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.