All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe Alfred Jazz Play-Along Series for Rhythm Section goes beyond the other play-alongs. The rhythm section book has written out parts for pia, bass, and drumset to show comping suggestions. In addition, each of the nine jazz standards includes the melody and a sample jazz solo written out for you to listen to, play, and practice. The included MP3 disc has a demo track and a play-along track for each tune for pia, bass, and drums. The demo track, featuring a pro rhythm section with a horn player, is a learning tool for the melody, pia comping, bass lines, drum parts, and improvisation. The play-along track allows each player to practice with the rhythm section as individuals with their part removed from the mix. In addition, the rhythm section parts in the book can be used as small group arrangements. Each jazz standard has specific improvisation tips and suggestions. The written out comping examples and melody along with the written out sample solos are all invaluable assets that makes learning how to improvise easier. Nine great tunes=great jazz! Titles: Bye Bye Blackbird * The Days of Wine and Roses * Have You Met Miss Jones? * I Got Rhythm * Just Friends * On Green Dolphin Street * Stella by Starlight * Stompin' at the Savoy * What Is This Thing Called Love?
- PublisherAlfred Publishing Co., Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleAlfred Jazz Play-Along
- Series Part/Volume Number02
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred Publishing Co., Inc.
- Weight476 g
- Width224 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback and CD-Audio
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.