All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGypsy Beaumont has always been a whirly-twirly free spirit, so as her thirteenth birthday approaches, she hopes to get a savvy that will let her fly or dance up to the stars. Instead, she wakes up on her birthday with blurry vision...and then starts seeing flashes of the future and past. But her visions don't prepare her for Momma and Poppa's anuncement that their very un-magical and downright mean Grandma Pat has Alzheimer's and is coming to live with them. Suddenly her savvy along with her family's switches to its opposite. It's savvy mayhem, and one could have predicted what would happen on their trip to bring Grandma Pat home...t even Gypsy. With her trademark style and whimsical, beautiful language, Ingrid Law has written a wonderfully moving coming-of- age story about family ties and new friends, with a whole lot of magic mixed in.
- Author BiographyIngrid Law is the New York Times bestselling author of two novels for young readers, Savvy and Scumble. Ingrid's books have been placed on more than 30 state reading lists, and have earned accolades from Publishers Weekly, Oprah's reading list, the Today Show's Al Roker's Book Club for Kids, and the Smithsonian. Savvy was named a Newbery Honor book in 2009. She lives in Lafayette, Colorado.
- Author(s)Ingrid Law
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDial Books for Young Readers,US
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width139 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.