All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionSwords and other weapons with handles, or hilt weapons, were originally designed for use in melee, or confused fighting, where combatants were little more than an arm s length apart. Wars are w often fought over much larger distances with much more elaborate methods, but for thousands of years swords, knives, daggers, machetes, axes, and other blades were the weapons of choice in any conflict. Even today, infantryman carry some sort of knife into battle. Swords & Hilt Weapons is an illustrated guide to these remarkable tools. From the simple stone knives manufactured during ancient times to today s albion swords, it offers a complete visual history for experienced swordsmen or anyone fascinated by the beautiful construction of a steel blade. Readers will learn about the anatomy of a swordfrom the point, to the blade, to the gripand the differences between one made in Central Europe and one made in Central Asia. What s better: a battle-axe or a bayonet? Become an expert with Swords & Hilt Weapons !
- Author BiographyMichael Sharpe was born in 1970 into a forces background and developed a fascination for transport and military history at an early age. Since working as an editor in the newspaper and military book publishing industry, he has worked on numerous publications and articles on military, civil aviation, transport and military history. He lives and writes in Tokyo, Japan.
- Author(s)Senior Lecturer in Psychological Medicine Michael Sharpe
- PublisherAdvantage Publishers Group
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdvantage Publishers Group
- Out-of-print date17/07/2015
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1066 g
- Width216 mm
- Height381 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.