All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the course of 25 years, Richard H. Bezdek has gathered an ermous amount of historical information on the swords and sword makers of England and Scotland. This monumental book, the largest ever published on the topic, is the culmination of his research. Among the tremendous amount of material of use to collectors and historians is detailed information, much of it never-before-published, on: * English sword makers from the 14th century and Scottish makers from the 16th century all the way through the rewned Wilkinson Sword Company and other major sword manufacturers of today. * The important early English sword- and blade-making communities of Hounslow Heath and Shotley Bridge, and the influential Cutlers Company of London. * Early armourers who made swords. * The many types of craftsmen associated with sword production, including hilt, blade and scabbard makers and decorators; and goldsmiths and silversmiths who decorated, mounted, assembled and sold swords. * Cutlers, merchants, outfitters and exporters who sold swords. The book concludes with dozens of beautiful illustrations of hilt designs taken directly from famed sword hilt maker Matthew Boulton's 18th-century pattern book and more than 450 spectacular photographs of English and Scottish swords of every type and era from some of the world's major collections.
- Author BiographyRichard H. Bezdek has been collecting English and Scottish swords for more than 25 years. He has become a leading authority on the history of edged weapons in the United States as well as a highly sought after sword appraiser. Visit Richard at his web site.
- Author(s)Richard H. Bezdek
- PublisherPaladin Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationColorado
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaladin Press,U.S.
- Content Notephotos and illustrations
- Weight1111 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.