CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $178.29Trending at AU $199.99
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.88
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.70
- AU $38.18Trending at AU $44.62
About this product
- DescriptionBook description change: Aaron and Zev have been protected from serving in the czar's army for very different reasons--Aaron's father pays to keep his scholarly son free and Zev works as a khapper, kidnapping other poor, young Jewish boys to fulfill the czar's army quotas. Zev's jealousy of Aaron turns to hate when he discovers that Miriam, the girl he loves, will be Aaron's future wife. Zev decides to rid himself of Aaron forever by turning him over to the czar's army, where few survive the forced labor. In this powerful vel set in the reign of Nicholas I in Russia, Carol Matas explores the complex issues of betrayal, faith and forgiveness. Winner of The Sydney Taylor Award, New York Public Library Book for the Teen Age, Canadian Library Association Notable book, Notable Children's Trade Book in the field of Social Studies by NCSS, U.S.
- Author(s)Carol Matas
- PublisherStarburst Digital Rights International Inc.
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStarburst Digital Rights International Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.