All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStyle is predominantly an individual matter-the way people put themselves together creates a sense of individual identity - but collectively it creates a sense of common culture in a community, a city, or a country. Geographically isolated from the fashion hubs of Paris and New York, Australia may t yet be synymous with style. But as it moves away from the beach look that it is usually associated with and adopts haute couture, Australia is emerging as a shining star in the southern hemisphere. Though t the political capital of the country, Sydney is nevertheless Australia's cultural capital, and the style hub and epicenter of the country's fashion evolution. Sydney Street Style depicts the style of this less-explored fashion capital. Beautifully assembled and packed with full-color photos of the stylish and eclectic residents of Sydney, this book will be a welcome addition to the library of any fashionista or armchair traveler.
- Author BiographyToni Johnson-Woods is a senior lecturer in the School of English, Media Studies, and Art History at the University of Queensland, Australia. Vicki Karaminas is associate professor of fashion studies and associate head of the School of Design at the University of Technology, Sydney, in Australia. Together, they coauthored Shanghai Street Style and coedited Fashion in Popular Culture. Justine Taylor graduated from East Sydney Tech in 2000. Her labels have been showcased at Australian Fashion Week and are retailed in boutiques throughout Australasia.
- Author(s)Justine Taylor,Toni Johnson-Woods,Vicki Karaminas
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication06/03/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content Note100 colour plates
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographs byKate Disher-Quill
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.