All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSymbolic data analysis is a relatively new field that provides a range of methods for analyzing complex datasets. Standard statistical methods do t have the power or flexibility to make sense of very large datasets, and symbolic data analysis techniques have been developed in order to extract kwledge from such data. Symbolic data methods differ from that of data mining, for example, because rather than identifying points of interest in the data, symbolic data methods allow the user to build models of the data and make predictions about future events. This book is the result of the work f a pan-European project team led by Edwin Diday following 3 years work sponsored by EUROSTAT. It includes a full explanation of the new SODAS software developed as a result of this project. The software and methods described highlight the crossover between statistics and computer science, with a particular emphasis on data mining.
- Author BiographyEdwin Diday, Centre De Recherche en Mathematiques de la Decision, Universite Paris 9, France Edwin is a Professor of Computer Science, with 50 published papers, and 14 authored or edited books to his name. He has led international research teams in Symbolic Data Analysis, and is the founder of the field. M. Noirhomme-Fraiture, Institute of Computer Science, University of Namur, Belgium Monique Noirhomme-Fraiture is Professor and Head of the Unit of Applied Mathematics at the above faculty. She is involved in several HCI projects as well as having organized conferences and workshops within this field. She has contributed to 28 published papers and co-authored 2 books.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/01/2008
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, figures, charts, graphs
- Weight948 g
- Width172 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byEdwin Diday,Monique Noirhomme-Fraiture
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.