All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFormal verification means having a mathematical model of a system, a language for specifying desired properties of the system in a concise, comprehensible and unambiguous way, and a method of proof to verify that the specified properties are satisfied. When the method of proof is carried out substantially by machine, we speak of automatic verification. Symbolic Model Checking deals with methods of automatic verification as applied to computer hardware. The practical motivation for study in this area is the high and increasing cost of correcting design errors in VLSI techlogies. There is a growing demand for design methodologies that can yield correct designs on the first fabrication run. Moreover, design errors that are discovered before fabrication can also be quite costly, in terms of engineering effort required to correct the error, and the resulting impact on development schedules. Aside from pure cost considerations, there is also a need on the theoretical side to provide a sound mathematical basis for the design of computer systems, especially in areas that have received little theoretical attention.
- Author(s)Kenneth McMillan
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight338 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1993
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.