All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionSymbolism & Simplicity contains a fine selection of Korean literati paintings and porcelain from the outstanding collection of Dr. Won-Kyung Cho. The paintings and porcelains illustrated in this book reflect the dynamism and the search for harmony that underlie Korean culture. The refinement and formal symbolism of these aristocratic arts also typify the strict Confucianist society that has evolved in Korea since the 16th century.
- Author BiographyKen Vos is presently curator of the Japanese and Korean department at Rijksmuseum voor Volkenkunde (National Museum of Ethnology) in Leiden, The Netherlands. Mr. Vos received his education at the University of Leiden in Japanese and Korean Sociology. He has published on the subject of Dutch-Japanese relations and on the arts of Korea and Japan.
- Author(s)Ken Vos
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintHotei Publishing,The Netherlands
- Content Note90 colour and 61 b&w illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width216 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.