All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the greatest of Scandinavian composers and a truly original figure in twentieth-century music, Jean Sibelius (1865 1957) put his native country Finland on the musical map. According to Grove's Dictionary of Music and Musicians, he was in the fullest sense of the term a musical patriot [who] enriched Finnish music, both officially and spontaneously, with a large number of works likely to form Finland's national art treasures. Like the composer's other symphonic music, the Fifth Symphony is entirely personal in content and form, taking on its character from the composer's life experiences, and distinguished by a simplicity and lucidity that have made it one of Sibelius's most popular works. Neither deliberately modern r studiedly archaic, tes Grove's, it is simply, in its most characteristic manifestations, unlike any other music.
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication30/03/2001
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight363 g
- Width222 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.