All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume comprises the lectures given at the Fifth Anniversary Symposium held at the Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Madras, India, during January 1967. Professor Dallaporta of Padua delivered the inaugural address on the fundamental problem of quasars whose study appears to hold im- plications for cosmology. He presented a critical review of several attempts to understand their exceptionally large red shifts and also discussed the physical theories concerning the cause of the explosions which give rise to the quasars and to the tremendous energy output they require - questions which still remain unanswered. He stated, in concluding, that we may have to invoke certain aspects of the present theories of elementary particles in order to unravel these mysteries. Professor Mercier, well kwn for his studies on the philosophical foundations of modern physics, critically examined the various at- tempts, such as that of Einstein, to formulate a unified field theory.
- Author(s)Alladi Ramakrishnan
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/04/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight323 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1968
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.