All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an English translation of Plato account of an important dialogue on the nature of love between Phaedrus, Pausanias, Eryximachus, Aristophanes, Agathon, Socrates and Alcibiades. Focus Philosophical Library translations are close to and are n-interpretative of the original text, with the tes and a glossary intending to provide the reader with some sense of the terms and the concepts as they were understood by Plato's immediate audience.
- Author BiographyAvi Sharon is a professor of Classics and has taught in New York Boston and Athens, Greece. He is active as a translator of ancient Greek, Italian and Hebrew. And has published in such journals as Arion , Partisan Review and Dialogos . He is the 1996 recipient of the Alexander Onassis Feloowship for scholars of Greek.
- PublisherFocus Publishing/R Pullins & Co
- Date of Publication01/01/1998
- LanguageEnglish & Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
- Series TitleFocus Philosophical Library
- Place of PublicationMA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFocus Publishing/R Pullins & Co
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight112 g
- Width9 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.