All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn the diagstic process in internal medicine with this engaging, case-based approach Symptom to Diagsis teaches you an evidence-based, step-by-step process for evaluating, diagsing, and treating patients based on their clinical complaints.By applying this process, you will be able to recognize specific diseases and prescribe the most effective therapy. Each chapter addresses one common complaint and begins with a case and guidance on how to organize the differential diagsis. As the case progresses, clinical reasoning is explained in detail. The differential diagsis for that particular case is summarized in tables that highlight the clinical clues and important testsfor the leading diagstic hypothesis and alternative diagstic hypotheses. As the chapter progresses, the pertinent diseases are reviewed. Just as in real life, the case unfolds in a stepwise fashion as tests are performed and diagses are confirmed or refuted. The third edition is enhanced by the addition of five new chapters--Bleeding Disorders, Dysuria, Hematuria, Hypotension, and Sore Throat--as well as a greater emphasis on how to master the process of working from patient level data (signs, symptoms, and laboratory tests). All chapters incorporate the latest research resulting in new and refined approaches to common symptomsencountered in clinical medicine.
- Author BiographyScott D. C. Stern, MD, FACP; Adam S. Cifu, MD, FACP; Diane Altkorn, MD, FACP ( Chicago, IL) are affiliated with University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine.
- Author(s)Adam S. Cifu,Diane Altkorn,Scott D. C. Stern
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour tables, figures
- Weight1165 g
- Width215 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.