Synchronous Ethernet and IEEE-1588 in Telecoms: Next Generation Synchronization Networks by Stefano Ruffini, Mike Gilson, Laurent Montini, Michel Ouellette, Michael Mayer, Sebastien Jobert, Jean-Loup Ferrant, Silvana Rodrigues (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $170.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $211.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses the multiple technical aspects of the distribution of synchronization in new generation telecommunication networks, focusing in particular on synchrous Ethernet and IEEE1588 techlogies. Many packet network engineers struggle with understanding the challenges that precise synchronization distribution can impose on networks. The usual why , when and particularly how can cause problems for many engineers. In parallel to this, some other markets have identical synchronization requirements, but with their own design requirements, generating further questions. This book attempts to respond to the different questions by providing background technical information. Invaluable information on state of-the-art packet network synchronization and timing architectures is provided, as well as an unbiased view on the synchronization techlogies that have been internationally standardized over recent years, with the aim of providing the average reader (who is t skilled in the art) with a better understanding of this topic. The book focuses specifically on synchrous Ethernet and IEEE 1588 PTP-based techlogies, both key developments in the world of synchronization over the last 10 years. The authors address the needs of engineers and technical managers who are struggling with the subject of synchronization and provide an engineering reference for those that need to consider synchronization in NGN. The market applications that are driving the development of packet network synchronization and timing architectures are also discussed. This book provides a wide audience with everything they need to kw when researching, implementing, buying and deploying packet synchronization architectures in telecommunication networks. Contents 1. Network Evolutions, Applications and Their Synchronization Requirements. 2. Synchronization Techlogies. 3. Synchronization Network Architectures in Packet Networks. 4. Synchronization Design and Deployments. 5. Management and Monitoring of Synchronization Networks. 6. Security Aspects Impacting Synchronization. 7. Test and Measurement Aspects of Packet Synchronization Networks. Appendix 1.Standards in Telecom Packet Networks Using Synchrous Ethernet and/or IEEE 1588. Appendix 2. Jitter Estimation by Statistical Study (JESS) Metric Definition. About the Authors Jean-Loup Ferrant worked for Alcatel and Alcatel-Lucent until he retired in 2009, then he continued being Rapporteur of ITU-T SG15Q13 sponsored by Calnex Solutions. Mike Gilson is a Technical Specialist for BT on timing and synchronization based at Adastral Park, Martlesham Heath, UK. He represents BT on several standards bodies. Sebastien Jobert is an R&D expert on synchronization, QoS and performance of telecom networks at France Telecom Orange Labs, Lannion, France. Michael Mayer is an active contributor to ITU-T standards and a consultant in timing and synchronization. Laurent Montini is a Technical Leader, based in France, and working in the Corporate Consulting Team within the Research and Advanced Development organization at Cisco. Michel Ouellette is V.P. of Engineering at Iometrix in San Francisco, California, USA, specializing in conformance testing of packet network techlogies such as Carrier Ethernet 2.0, MPLS, IEEE1588, SyncE. Silvana Rodrigues is Director of System Engineering at IDT in Ottawa, Canada. She represents IDT on several synchronization standards committees. Stefa Ruffini is the synchronization expert representing Ericsson on various standardization bodies. He works in Pisa, Italy in the Research & Invation Team within the IP & Broadband Development Unit at Ericsson.
- Author(s)Jean-Loup Ferrant,Laurent Montini,Michael Mayer,Michel Ouellette,Mike Gilson,Sebastien Jobert,Silvana Rodrigues,Stefano Ruffini
- PublisherISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication14/05/2013
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight762 g
- Width157 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.