All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a unique resource that provides a comprehensive and highly readable summary of the basic concepts and clinical applications in sleep medicine, written for all professionals involved in health care. Sleep medicine encompasses an unusually board spectrum of contributions from biology, techlogy, and medicine. This volume summarizes the considerable mass of kwledge that has been accumulated in the field and imparts its major findings in a manner that is comprehensive yet t overwhelming. Edited by an eminent sleep researcher and with contributions from leading experts in the field, the volume provides a basic grounding in sleep medicine and covers the fascinating complexity of the field. It separates figure from ground for those who are newcomers to the field and who are seeking guideposts for further research. Sleep problems are frequently co-morbid with other medical conditions, and clinicians need to be alert to this interconnectedness and to recognize which difficulties are primary and which are t. Syposis of Sleep Medicine will be a valuable tool for clinicians in many specialties for addressing diagstic problems in sleep medicine. The volume is the first of its kind, rich yet comprehensive and focused and one that is sure to meet the needs of both basic and clinical research for some years to come.
- Author BiographyS. R. Pandi-Perumal is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Somnogen Canada Inc., a Canadian corporation. A well-recognized sleep researcher both nationally and internationally, he has authored over 100 publications in the field of sleep and biological rhythms and has edited nearly 25 volumes related to sleep and biological rhythms research. His general area of research interest includes sleep and biological rhythms. He had an honorable mention in the New York Times in 2004, and the India International Friendship Society awarded him the Bharat Gaurav Award in 2013.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note31 black & white illustrations, 48 colour illustrations
- Weight884 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byS. R. Pandi-Perumal
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.