All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Synthetic Biology Handbook explains the major goals of the field of synthetic biology and presents the technical details of the latest advances made in achieving those goals. Offering a comprehensive overview of the current areas of focus in synthetic biology, this handbook: * Explores the standardisation of classic molecular bioscience approaches * Addresses the societal context and potential impacts of synthetic biology * Discusses the use of legacy systems as tools for new product development * Examines the design and construction of de vo cells and genetic codes * Describes computational methods for designing genes and gene networks Thus, the Synthetic Biology Handbook provides an accurate sense of the scope of synthetic biology today. The handbook also affords readers with an opportunity to scrutinize the underlying science and decide for themselves what aspects of synthetic biology are most valuable to their research and practice.
- Author BiographyDarren N. Nesbeth earned his BSc in molecular biology from University College London (UCL), UK, and his PhD in molecular cell biology from Imperial College, London, UK. He did postdoctoral work on scale up of gene therapy at King's College London, UK; fundamental cell biology at Imperial College; and industrially applied cell engineering at UCL. In the UCL Department of Biochemical Engineering, he applies synthetic biology to address industrial challenges in manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals and fine chemicals.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication09/05/2016
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note54 black & white illustrations, 32 colour illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight788 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDarren N. Nesbeth
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.