All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionA paramic survey of the vast spectrum of modern and contemporary mathematics and the new philosophical possibilities they suggest, this book gives the inquisitive n-specialist an insight into the conceptual transformations of contemporary mathematics. The predominant analytic approach has effectively divorced philosophy from the real practice of mathematics and the profound conceptual shifts in the discipline over the last century. Building on the work of the few exceptional thinkers to have engaged with the 'real mathematics' of their era, Zalamea challenges philosophy's self-imposed igrance of the 'making of mathematics'. Detailed case studies examine the greatest creators in the field, mapping the central advances accomplished in mathematics over the last half-century. Zalamea sets out a sophisticated new epistemology that avails itself of the powerful conceptual instruments forged by the mathematical mind, but which have until w remained largely neglected by philosophers.
- Author BiographyFernando Zalamea is professor of mathematics at the Universidad Nacional de Colombia. He is author of Ariadna y Penelope: Redes y mixturas en el mundo contemporaneo (Asturias: Ediciones Nobel, 2004), America, una trama integral: Transversalidad,bordes y abismos en la cultura americana, siglos xix y xx (Bogota: Universidad Nacional de Colombia, 2009), and Razon de la Frontera y Fronteras de la razon: Pensamiento de los limites en Peirce, Florenski, Marey, y limitantes de la expresion en Lispector, Vieira da Silva,Tarkovski (Bogota: Universidad Nacional de Colombia, 2010). He is also editor and translator of the Spanish edition of the works of Albert Lautman, Ensayos sobre la dialectica, estructrura y unidad de las matematicas modernas (Bogota: Universidad Nacional de Colombia, 2011).
- Author(s)Fernando Zalamea
- PublisherUrbanomic Media Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFalmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width115 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byZachary Fraser
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.