All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2012, Jonathan Littell went to the heart of the Syrian conflict, embedding himself with the Free Syria-Army in the historic city of Homs. He watched from the front line as the city was ruthlessly pummelled by Assad's forces before it finally surrendered. His urgent tebooks of what he saw on the ground speak directly of the horrors of the civil war that continues today. Out of the chaos, Littell bears witness to the lives and the hopes of freedom fighters. Syrian Notebooks is the most close-up account of the war, and will be seen as a classic account of war reportage.
- Author BiographyJonathan Littell was born in 1967 in New York of American parents and brought up and educated mainly in France. His novel The Kindly Ones, originally published in France as Les Bienveillantes, became a bestseller and won the coveted Prix Goncourt and the Academie Francaise's Prix de Litterature. Previously he worked for the humanitarian agency, Action contre la faim, in Bosnia, Chechnya, Afghanistan, and the Democratic Republic of Congo. He now lives in Spain.
- Author(s)Jonathan Littell
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication25/03/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.