All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for the first edition: This excellent text will be useful to every system engineer (SE) regardless of the domain. It covers ALL relevant SE material and does so in a very clear, methodical fashion. The breadth and depth of the author's presentation of SE principles and practices is outstanding. Philip Allen This textbook presents a comprehensive, step-by-step guide to System Engineering analysis, design, and development via an integrated set of concepts, principles, practices, and methodologies. The methods presented in this text apply to any type of human system -- small, medium, and large organizational systems and system development projects delivering engineered systems or services across multiple business sectors such as medical, transportation, financial, educational, governmental, aerospace and defense, utilities, political, and charity, among others. Provides a common focal point for bridging the gap between and unifying System Users, System Acquirers, multi-discipline System Engineering, and Project, Functional, and Executive Management education, kwledge, and decision-making for developing systems, products, or services Each chapter provides definitions of key terms, guiding principles, examples, author s tes, real-world examples, and exercises, which highlight and reinforce key SE&D concepts and practices Addresses concepts employed in Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), Model-Driven Design (MDD), Unified Modeling Language (UML TM ) / Systems Modeling Language (SysML TM ), and Agile/Spiral/V-Model Development such as user needs, stories, and use cases analysis; specification development; system architecture development; User-Centric System Design (UCSD); interface definition & control; system integration & test; and Verification & Validation (V&V) Highlights/introduces a new 21st Century Systems Engineering & Development (SE&D) paradigm that is easy to understand and implement. Provides practices that are critical staging points for technical decision making such as Technical Strategy Development; Life Cycle requirements; Phases, Modes, & States; SE Process; Requirements Derivation; System Architecture Development, User-Centric System Design (UCSD); Engineering Standards, Coordinate Systems, and Conventions; et al. Thoroughly illustrated, with end-of-chapter exercises and numerous case studies and examples, Systems Engineering Analysis, Design, and Development, Second Edition is a primary textbook for multi-discipline, engineering, system analysis, and project management undergraduate/graduate level students and a valuable reference for professionals.
- Author BiographyCharles S. WASSON, BSEE, MBA, ESEP, is a member of the INCOSE, ASEE, PMI, and IEEE and is President / Principal Consultant of Wasson Strategics, LLC. His professional career spans over 40 years of leadership in program/project management; system, hardware, and software design, development, integration, and test; and organizational and team development. Wasson Strategics is a provider of multi-discipline SE, technical project management, organizational and team development training and consulting services for Fortune 100 & 500 clients striving to achieve System Engineering and Development excellence.
- Author(s)Charles S. Wasson
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication25/12/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleWiley Series in Systems Engineering and Management
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2122 g
- Width221 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Foreword byNorman Augustine
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.