All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionSystem theory is becoming increasingly important to medical applications. Yet, biomedical and digital signal processing researchers rarely have expertise in practical medical applications, and medical instrumentation designers usually are unfamiliar with system theory. System Theory and Practical Applications for Biomedical Signals bridges those gaps in a practical manner, showing how various aspects of system theory are put into practice by industry. The chapters are intentionally organized in groups of two chapters, withthe first chapter describing a system theory techlogy, and the second chapter describing an industrial application of this techlogy. Each theory chapter contains a general overview of a system theory techlogy, which is intended as background material for the application chapter. Each application chapter contains a history of a highlighted medical instrument, summary of appropriate physiology, discussion of the problem of interest and previous empirical solutions, and review of a solution that utilizes the theory in the previous chapter. Biomedical and DSP academic researchers pursuing grants and industry funding will find its real-world approach extremely valuable. Its in-depth discussion of the theoretical issues will clarify for medical instrumentation managers how system theory can compensate for less-than-ideal sensors. With application MATLABA(r) exercises and suggestions for system theory course work included, the text also fills the need for detailed information for students or practicing engineers interested in instrument design. An Instructor Support FTP site is available from the Wiley editorial department: ftp://ftp.ieee.org/uploads/press/baura
- Author BiographyGAIL D. BAURA received a BSEE from Loyola Marymount University in 1984 and an MSEE and MSBME from Drexel University in 1987. She received a PhD in Bioengineering from the University of Washington in 1993. Between these degrees, Dr. Baura worked as a loop transmission systems engineer at AT&T Bell Laboratories. Since graduation, she has served in a variety of research positions at IVAC Corporation, Cardiotronics Systems, Alaris Medical Systems, and VitalWave Corporation. Dr. Baura is currently Vice President of Research at CardioDynamics. Her research interests are the application of system theory to patient monitoring and insulin metabolism.
- Author(s)Gail D. Baura
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/09/2002
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleIEEE Press Series on Biomedical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight1052 g
- Width188 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.