All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA systematic program design method can help developers ensure the correctness and performance of programs while minimizing the development cost. This book describes a method that starts with a clear specification of a computation and derives an efficient implementation by step-wise program analysis and transformations. The method applies to problems specified in imperative, database, functional, logic and object-oriented programming languages with different data, control and module abstractions. Designed for courses or self-study, this book includes numerous exercises and examples that require minimal computer science background, making it accessible to vices. Experienced practitioners and researchers will appreciate the detailed examples in a wide range of application areas including hardware design, image processing, access control, query optimization and program analysis. The last section of the book points out directions for future studies.
- Author BiographyYanhong Annie Liu is a Professor of Computer Science at Stony Brook University. She received her BS from Peking University, MEng from Tsinghua University, and PhD from Cornell University. Her primary research has focused on general and systematic methods for program development, algorithm design, and problem solving. She has published in many top journals and conferences, served more than fifty conference chair or committee roles, and been awarded more than twenty research grants in her areas of expertise. She has taught more than twenty different courses in a wide range of Computer Science areas and presented close to a hundred research talks and invited talks at international conferences, universities, and research institutes. She received a State University of New York Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Scholarship and Creative Activities in 2010.
- Author(s)Yanhong Annie Liu
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note14 b/w illus. 90 exercises
- Weight550 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.