All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSystemic Structure behind Human Organizations: From Civilizations to Individuals shows how the systemic yoyo model can be successfully employed to study human organizations at three different levels: civilizations, business enterprises, and individuals. This mograph tackles managerial problems from an holistic perspective such as how a business entity grows and dies and how a CEO can manipulate the choices of long- and short-term projects in order to gain more control over the board of directors. By creating a uniform language and logic of reasoning, the book provides examples and convincing results. Additionally the book shows how the same model, thinking logic, and methodology of the systems research can be equally applied to analyze problems and situations considered in natural sciences, social sciences, and humanity areas. Therefore it offers kwledge of a brand new tool to attack organizational problems. By concentrating on difficult, unsettled issues in these varying areas, this mograph thoroughly explains how some laws of nature can be established for the common study of natural and social sciences.
- Author BiographyDr. Jeffrey Yi Lin Forrest holds all his educational degrees (BS, MS, and PhD) in pure mathematics from Northwestern University (China) and Auburn University (USA) and had one year of postdoctoral experience in statistics at Carnegie Mellon University (USA). Currently, he is a guest or specially appointed professor in economics, finance, systems science, and mathematics at several major universities in China, including Huazhong University of Science and Technology, National University of Defense Technology, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, and a professor of mathematics at the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (Slippery Rock campus). Since 1993, he has been serving as the president of the International Institute for General Systems Studies, Inc. Along with various professional endeavors organized by him, Dr. Lin has had the honor to mobilize scholars from over 80 countries representing more than 50 different scientific disciplines. Through the years, he has served on the editorial boards of 11 professional journals, including Kybernetes: The International Journal of Systems, Cybernetics and Management Science, Journal of Systems Science and Complexity, International Journal of General Systems, and Advances in Systems Science and Applications. And, he is a co-editor of the close-ended book series entitled Systems Evaluation, Prediction and Decision-Making, published by Taylor and Francis 2008 - 2011. Bailey Forrest specializes in electrical and computer engineering and humanities. He has published research papers in the studies of civilizations and the human mind.
- Author(s)Bailey Forrest,Yi Lin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/12/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleContemporary Systems Thinking
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight818 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.