All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSystemic Work with Organizations explores a powerful new perspective on the challenges faced by managers and consultants who work in large organizations. Building on principles and methods originally developed in the family arena, the authors show how an emphasis on connection, context and communication can help managers and others involved in change, deal with issues of identity, leadership, and learning faced by staff in today's complex work environment.The main thesis is that one way cause and effect thinking and a central focus on the role of the individual, is longer sufficient. Managers and change agents w need to make use of the insights and interventions offered by a systemic perspective that highlights the roles played by circularity and reflexivity in how people construct shared meaning in human systems.In early chapters the three authors develop bridges between the family and organizational fields, exploring the ideas and methods of systemic and constructionist thinking in preparation for the three detailed case studies which illustrate systemic thinking in action. Concluding chapters pull together the strands to present a view of the stance and methods of constructionist consulting, the authors' version of the systemic approach.The complementary focus on relations and meaning in human systems offers managers the opportunity to use insight from a broad range of other disciplines to improve their contribution to resolving challenges faced by public and private organizations. The approach offered is a practical one and will be of interest to managers, consultants, and change agents who wish to improve their understanding of the complex worlds they w work in.
- Author BiographyDavid Campbell was a consultant clinical psychologist based at the Tavistock Clinic in London. In addition to a clinical practice, he developed training courses in supervision, professional doctorate research, and Master's-level family therapy training. He established a long-standing international practice as a management and leadership trainer and organizational consultant.
- Author(s)David Campbell,Keith Kinsella,Tim Coldicott
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/01/1994
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe Systemic Thinking and Practice Series - Work with Organizations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.