All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book to focus on comprehensive systems biology as applied to drug discovery and development Drawing on real-life examples, Systems Biology in Drug Discovery and Development presents practical applications of systems biology to the multiple phases of drug discovery and development. This book explains how the integration of kwledge from multiple sources, and the models that best represent that integration, inform the drug research processes that are most relevant to the pharmaceutical and biotechlogy industries. The first book to focus on comprehensive systems biology and its applications in drug discovery and development, it offers comprehensive and multidisciplinary coverage of all phases of discovery and design, including target identification and validation, lead identification and optimization, and clinical trial design and execution, as well as the complementary systems approaches that make these processes more efficient. It also provides models for applying systems biology to pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and candidate biomarker identification. Introducing and explaining key methods and technical approaches to the use of comprehensive systems biology on drug development, the book addresses the challenges currently facing the pharmaceutical industry. As a result, it is essential reading for pharmaceutical and biotech scientists, pharmacologists, computational modelers, bioinformaticians, and graduate students in systems biology, pharmaceutical science, and other related fields.
- Author BiographyDaniel L. Young, PhD the Director of Computational Biosciences at Theranos Inc., where he leads the development of systems biology approaches to advance and enhance drug discovery and development and the optimal delivery of healthcare. He has written over twenty publications in the field of systems biology. Seth Michelson, PhD, is the Director of Nonclinical Biostatistics at Genomic Health, Inc. inventor or co-inventor for fourteen patent applications and one issued patent; and has contributed to over seventy publications.
- Author(s)Daniel L. Young,Seth Michelson
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/11/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleWiley Series on Technologies for the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight700 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.