Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $172.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book summarizes the current state of 'front-end' risk-control techniques. Many approaches to risk control are possible. However, only through careful reading, evaluation, and study can one make the best choice of a practical philosophy for a system safety program. The goal is to apply the best scientific and engineering principles in the best way, resulting in the soundest and safest possible system. System Safety for the 21st Century provides in-depth coverage of this specialized discipline within the safety profession. Written for both technical and ntechnical reference, this clearly organized text serves as a resource for both students and practitioners. It gives basic and essential information about the identification, evaluation, analysis, and control of hazards in components, systems, subsystems, processes, and facilities. Integrating the changes to the field that have occurred since publication of the first edition, this revised and expanded resource offers: logical progression from basics to techniques to applications; new focus on process safety t found in other texts; a new and unique section on professionalism for system safety and other safety practitioners; and, presentation of both system safety scope and essentials. This book presents a consistent chapter format for easy learning that includes an introduction and summary for each chapter. It features review questions reinforcing important points. There is a combination of basis requirements with practical experience. It offers information on selected techniques to assess hazards and provide management oversight. There is an updated section on protecting against external events in the light of the global terrorist threat. This book presents critiques of existing systems, including those of the Department of Defense and the Department of Energy. Relevant to industry, academia, and government, System Safety for the 21st Century is an essential resource for anyone studying or implementing proactive hazard identification and risk control techniques and procedures.
- Author BiographyRICHARD A. STEPHANS, PE, CSP, of ARES Corporation, has been a System Safety Society member for twenty years and has served in leadership and other Society positions at the chapter and national level. He is the recipient of several Society awards, is a Fellow member, and is current Society representative to the Board of Certified Safety Professionals. He is the coeditor of the System Safety Analysis Handbook, which is published by the System Safety Society and currently sold in thirty-seven countries.
- Author(s)Richard A. Stephans
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/07/2004
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight714 g
- Width164 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.