Systems Thinking: Creative Holism for Managers by Michael C. Jackson (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $74.04Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $95.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToo often, today's managers are sold simple solutions to complex problems. But as many soon discover, simplicity is rarely effective in the face of complexity, change and diversity. Despite apparent promise, quick-fix panaceas fail because they are t holistic or creative eugh. They focus on parts of the organization rather than the whole, take little account of interaction, and pander to the tion that there is one best solution in all circumstances. As instances of such failure escalate, intelligent managers are increasingly seeking to improve results through Systems Thinking. Whatever stage you are at in your study of Systems Thinking, this book will help. If you are new to the field then it will serve as a solid introduction.If you are familiar with a few concepts but t with how they can be linked and used by managers, then it will give you a greater understanding of how holistic ideas developed and how to use them in practice. And if you are expert in some approaches but t in others, then it will expand your kwledge and provide you with more choice. In all cases you will achieve competency in creative holism, emerge better equipped to solve complex problems, and ultimately become a more effective Systems Thinking manager.'It's neat, easy to read and easy to absorb...It is a boon to students and executives alike..' - J P. von Gigch in Systems research and Behavioural Science. '...excellent summary of the latest research findings and ...very clear explanations and accessibility'. 'No other recent book in the systems field aims for such an accessible and at the same time rigorous interpretation of the major developments of systems theory' - D. Petkov in Journal of the Operational Research Society . 'As far as I can tell there is other book that includes all the major developments in systems thinking over the last fifty years' - Misha Hebel ( Amazon Review ).
- Author BiographyMichael C. Jackson graduated from Oxford University and has since worked in public sector management, in academia, and as a consultant. He is Professor of Management Systems at the University of Hull, United Kingdom, and Director of its business school. Mike is author of Systems Methodology for the Management Sciences, Plenum, 1991; Creative Problem Solving, Wiley, 1991 (with R.L. Flood); Systems Approaches to Management, Kluwer/Plenum, 2000; and numerous articles in academic and professional journals, including some of the most cited in the field. He is also editor-in-chief of Systems Research and Behavioral Science and associate editor of Systems Practice and Action Research. Mike has been Chair of the UK Systems Society and President of the International Federation for Systems Research and the International Society for the Systems Sciences. His work has been translated into six languages and he has given invited lectures in over twenty countries. He is a Fellow of the British Computer Society, the Chartered Management Institute, and the Cybernetics Society.
- Author(s)Michael C. Jackson
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2003
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight683 g
- Width164 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.