All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSupercharge your understanding of battery techlogy Ideal for hobbyists and engineers alike, The TAB Battery Book: An In-Depth Guide to Construction Design and Use offers comprehensive coverage of these portable energy powerhouses. This practical guide discusses battery chemistry and engineering, how batteries are used, and the history of batteries. You'll find out how different types of batteries work and how to select the right battery for any application. The book also examines the techlogical advances being used to develop batteries as robust energy sources for a wide variety of devices. Tap into the power of all kinds of batteries with help from this detailed resource. Coverage includes: Portable energy and long-term energy storage Batteries for portable consumer demands, medical devices, electric vehicles, large-scale electrical energy storage, and space and military applications Basic physics and chemistry The science of batteries--cells, electrochemistry, thermodynamics, kinetics, and capacity Battery engineering designs, including electrode, seal, and vent design Battery performance, reliability, and safety Primary battery techlogies--aqueous and n-aqueous electrolytes, including alkaline and lithium Rechargeable batteries, including nickel-metal hydride and lithium ion Selecting the right battery for any application Future techlogies, such as thin-film, large-energy storage, and high-energy density batteries Make Great Stuff! TAB, an imprint of McGraw-Hill Professional, is a leading publisher of DIY techlogy books for makers, hackers, and electronics hobbyists.
- Author BiographyMichael Root, Ph.D., is a battery electrochemist with more than 20 years of battery research and development experience. He has contributed to the development of battery technologies for diverse applications, such as implantable medical devices and consumer electronics.
- Author(s)Michael Root
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2000
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTAB Books Inc
- Content Noteill
- Weight453 g
- Width185 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.50Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.