All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionA Sudanese writer begins to suspect that one of his most idiosyncratic characters from a recent vel resembles - in an uncanny, terrifying way - a real person he has never met. Since he condemned this character to an untimely death in the vel, should he attempt to save this real man from a similar fate? Set in both sides of Khartoum - the bustling capital city and the neglected, poverty-stricken underbelly - this is a vel of unreliable narrators, of insane asylums and of the (dubious?) relationship between imagination and reality.
- Author BiographyAmir Tag Elsir is a Sudanese writer and doctor. He studied medicine in Egypt and at the British Royal College of Medicine. He has published a number of novels, biographies and volumes of poetry. His novel The Grub Hunter (2010) was shortlisted for the International Prize for Arabic Fiction in 2011. He lives in Doha, Qatar.
- Author(s)Amir Tag Elsir
- PublisherBloomsbury Qatar Foundation Publishing
- Date of Publication15/01/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationDoha
- Country of PublicationQatar
- ImprintBloomsbury Qatar Foundation Publishing
- Weight139 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.