All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe book relates experience of TBM drives in difficult geology, making use of case studies from Turkey to demonstrate the influence of the local geotechnical conditions on the selection of a tunnel boring machine and the selection of tools. There is an extensive description how various geological phemena, such as for example transition zones, dikes, rock discontinuities, blocky ground, squeezing ground, swelling clays and high strength and abrasive rocks, can reduce the advance rate and what countermeasures can be introduced. There is also a discussion of necessary advance probing and safety measures. Since the presented practical experience from Turkey can also be applicable for other tunnel projects in difficult geology, the book represents a valuable source of kwledge for every tunneler.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. Nuh Bilgin is professor at the Mining Engineering Department of Istanbul Technical University. He has published more than one hundred papers on mechanized mining and tunneling technologies, and is currently chairman of the Turkish Tunneling Society. Prof. Dr. Hanifi Copur works as an academician in the Mining Engineering Department of the Istanbul Technical University. He is an expert for mechanical mining and tunneling and is a board member of the Turkish Tunneling Society. Prof. Dr. Cemal Balci is professor at the Mining Engineering Department of Istanbul Technical University, and has worked on many national and international implementation and research projects concerning mechanized mining and tunneling technologies. He is a board member of the Turkish Tunneling Society.
- Author(s)Cemal Balci,Hanifi Copur,Nuh Bilgin
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication02/11/2016
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWilhelm Ernst & Sohn Verlag fur Architektur und technische Wissenschaften
- Weight818 g
- Width175 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.