All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published with numerous color images (ISBN 9781588501615) this documentary was well received as representative of a true-to-life snapshot of one of the many 'other' Merseybeat groups of the sixties. A number of requests for a less expensive version ultimately resulted in the publication of this black and white edition. While the Beatles are by far the most famous Liverpool group of the era, they did t create the 'Mersey Sound', it created them. Unfortunately, it's sad that a great era of musical history will only be documented for future generations by the multitude of books that have been written about them. Liverpool in the 60's was a wondrous place, it was alive with music and the sheer number of local musicians and the depth of the talent pool was mind numbing. Depending on your method of research, you will find that there were between 750 to 950 Liverpool based groups performing at any one time during the early to mid 1960's. So here's a story of one of the t-so-famous groups that's part of that total. While their story will always be overshadowed by those that made the 'big time,' it is an honest and down to earth tale and a fairly typical representation of the many hundreds of other groups that created the 'Mersey Sound' and the real Merseybeat era.
- Date of Publication30/10/2011
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationReno
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight365 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.