All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than forty years after its cancellation, the BAC TSR2 is still a controversial aircraft. Years ahead of its time, it was abruptly cancelled by a new government when flight testing had ony just begun. Built to a demanding RAF requirement, the BAC TSR2 was a revolutionary low-level strike aircraft able to deliver a tactical nuclear weapon at supersonic speed and low altitude to evade enemy radar. This fascinating new book describes in detail the aircraft, its history and the events of its cancellation. Many hitherto unseen photographs and diagrams support the detailed text, which benefits from extensive research in the BAC archives and access to newly rediscovered material.
- Author BiographyDamien Burke gained an Honours Degree in Software Engineering, and has worked in software ever since from manufacturing logistics support to military systems. Gaining a private pilot's licence in 2005, Damien is also a keen aviation photographer and his work is regularly published in aviation magazines.
- Author(s)Damien Burke
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2010
- SubjectAircraft & Spacecraft: General Interest
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note215 colour photographs 232 black & white photographs
- Weight1467 g
- Width220 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.