All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe decade between 2004 and 2014 was one of the most dramatic eras in the century-old history of the Isle of Man Tourist Trophy, which began with the races in decline, and many observers fearing that they would soon be killed off by a combination of rising costs, political correctness and logistical practicalities. But, just a few years later, the triumphant 2007 celebration of the races' centenary launched the TT into a whole new era of public and commercial success. With growing public interest and awareness, road racing became established as a specialist sport in its own right. Media interest soared; a feature length documentary took cinemas by storm worldwide, and a new generation of techcrats hastened to the island to develop zero emissions motorbike racing. All of these events unfolded under the gaze of Charlie Lambert, appointed TT Anchor Commentator by Manx Radio in 2004. In TT Talking, Charlie tells the story of the TT's sensational turn of fortune, whilst simultaneously lifting the lid on his role behind the microphone in this story.Revealing the pressures, the controversies, the laughs and the sadness that go with being at the heart of the world's most famous - and controversial - road races.
- Author BiographyCharlie Lambert was lead commentator for Manx Radio's broadcasts of the Isle of Man TT races from 2004 to 2012. He began his career with the Liverpool Daily Post & Echo, before joining the BBC, where he worked as sports correspondent and producer in both radio and TV. He has reported sports events worldwide, winning two prestigious Sony Radio Awards, and being twice shortlisted for Royal Television Society Awards. Since 2001, Charlie has worked as a freelance broadcaster and writer; he is also senior lecturer in sports journalism at the University of Central Lancashire.
- Author(s)Lambert Charlie
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecolour plates
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.