All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionTV Outside the Box: Trailblazing in the Digital Television Revolution explores the new and exploding universe of on-demand, OTT (Over the Top) networks: Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Crackle, CW Seed, Vimeo, AwesomenessTV, and many more. Featuring in-depth conversations with game-changing content creators, industry mavericks, and leading cultural influencers, TV Outside the Box is essential reading for anyone interested in the dynamics of a global media revolution - while it's happening. Readers will discover: * How the new disruptors of traditional television models are shaping the future of the television and feature film business. You'll hear directly from the visionaries behind it all - from concept genesis to predictions for the future of streaming platforms; their strategies for acquisitions and development of new original content; and how the revolution is providing unprecedented opportunities for both established and emerging talent. * What's different about storytelling for the progressive, risk-taking networks who are delivering provocative, groundbreaking, binge-worthy content, without the restraints of the traditional, advertiser-supported programming model. Through interviews with the showrunners, content creators, and producers of dozens of trailblazing series - including Orange Is the New Black, House of Cards, Transparent, and many more - you'll learn how and why the best and the brightest TV content creators and filmmakers are defining the new digital entertainment age - and how you can, too.
- Author BiographyNeil Landau is a bestselling author, producer and award winning screenwriter who runs the Writing for Television program in the UCLA Department of Film, Television and Digital Media (his alma mater). Credits include Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead; Melrose Place, The Magnificent Seven, Doogie Howser, M.D., The Secret World of Alex Mack, Twice in a Lifetime, MTV's Undressed, and one-hour drama pilots for CBS, ABC, ABC Family, Warner Bros., Disney, Lifetime, and Fremantle. Neil has also served as Executive Script Consultant for Sony Pictures Television and Columbia Pictures. His animated movie projects include the Tad: The Lost Explorer, which earned him a Spanish Academy Goya Award for Best Adapted Screenplay; Capture the Flag for Paramount; and Sheep & Wolves for Wizart Animation. He's the author of the bestselling 101 Things I Learned in Film School; The Screenwriter's Roadmap, and The TV Showrunner's Roadmap.
- Author(s)Neil Landau
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleNatpe Presents
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.