All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTable Tennis: Steps to Success combines the kwledge and experience of master instructor Richard McAfee with essential table tennis techniques and strategies for today's player. With a unique 11-step approach designed to maximise table tennis instruction, readers will learn the proper grip for their style of play, execution of the basic strokes and the correct way to apply spin to the ball. Then, build on these core techniques with masterful footwork, serves, returns and stroke combinations. Best of all, readers will learn how and when to apply those skills in match play with clear instruction, comprehensive coverage, detailed photo sequences and drills to ensure mastery of every technique, they'll be playing and winning in time. As part of the Steps to Success Sports Series with more than 1.5 million copies sold, rest assured that Table Tennis: Steps to Success is the number 1 resource for learning and loving, the game.
- Author BiographyRichard McAfee has a lifelong commitment to table tennis. In his early years, McAfee was a successful player winning many singles and doubles events, including the 1972 U.S. Open Class B Championship and the Southern Open Men's Singles title. Later McAfee began to focus on his true passion of coaching. He has coached national champions in each of the past three decades, seven world-ranked players and two Olympians. In 1994 McAfee was named competition manager for Table Tennis at the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games. This led to further management positions on the international scene and earned him the International Olympic Committee's Olympic Merit Award. He is also certified by USA Table Tennis as a national-level coach, their highest level. Honours include the 2004 U.S. Olympic Committee Doc Counsilman Science Award for table tennis, the 2003 Georgia AAU Coach of the Year award for table tennis and the 1999 U.S. Committee Developmental Coach of the Year Award for table tennis. McAfee was inducted in to the U.S. Table Tennis Hall of Fame in 2005.
- Author(s)Richard Ernest McAfee
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Series TitleSteps to Success S.
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note66 black & white illustrations, 201 black & white halftones
- Weight626 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.