All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first work of any great historian has always commanded attention, and Tacitus was ancient Rome's very greatest historian. His biography of his father-in-law, goverr of Britain in the years AD 77-84, is a literary masterpiece: it combines penetrating political history with gripping military narrative and throughout poses the question (still very much alive today) of how one should live one's life under a tyranny. This is the first commentary in English on the Agricola for almost half a century: in keeping with the aims of the series, particular attention is paid to the understanding of Tacitus' Latin, but a whole range of generic, historical, textual and narrative topics is covered, and it will be suitable for advanced undergraduates and graduate students as well as scholars. Tacitus' Agricola remains a key text for anyone with an interest in Roman Britain as well as ancient biography.
- Author BiographyA. J. Woodman is Basil L. Gildersleeve Professor of Classics, University of Virginia. C. S. Kraus is Thomas A. Thacher Professor of Latin, Yale University.
- Author(s)Cornelius Tacitus
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/09/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCambridge Greek and Latin Classics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note5 b/w illus. 2 maps 2 tables
- Weight470 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byA. J. Woodman,C. S. Kraus
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.