All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
About this product
- DescriptionIan 'Chilly' Chillcott is a legend in the world of carp fishing and in this book he passes onto the reader his kwledge and passion for the sport. Whilst this is a technical book on carp fishing and some of the material is quite advanced, it is the author's intention to make sure that the basics are fully covered. He explains why certain types of tackle and equipment should be used and outlines the development of tackle and tactics. The author begins with a brief history of carp angling and includes many of the dramatic changes and events that have shaped the sport into what is has become today. The section on tackle covers everything from rods to sleeping bags. On the practical side, the author writes about playing, landing, and safe handling of carp from the moment the fish is hooked to its safe return to the water. With its comprehensive text and explanatory photographs, Tackling Carp is an indispensable guide for both the beginner and the more experienced carp fisherman.
- Author BiographyIan Chillcott began fishing at the edge of four. He served in the Army in the Airborne Forces for 22 years and during that period he was able to fish all over the world, catching many exotic species. His love affair with carp began in the early 1980's. Since leaving the Army in June 2000, Ian has made a career out of carp fishing. He is a consultant for Fox International and Mainline Baits, and has contributed to the majority of mainstream carp magazines. He now writes exclusively for Angling Publications.
- Author(s)Chilly Chillcott
- PublisherQuiller Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication26/06/2007
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationShrewsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSwan Hill Press
- Out-of-print date03/03/2015
- Content Notecolour photographs throughout
- Weight1039 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.