All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does a typical twenty-year old do when wooed by an older university teacher? Surrender or flee? Gina vomits out of stress, writes crude poetry, and stops talking to Daniel because of deeply-rooted inhibitions. But she also submits indecent essays which expose her talent and weaknesses to him; she is the perfect target-lonely, ambitious, and chronically shy. Gina sits in the last row, observing how Daniel subjects himself to her peers' ridicule as he tries to win her affections. She bites her nails, writes this diary, and hides a multitude of secrets, including a lifelong family conflict following a tragedy that blighted her childhood. She is unlovable, having suffered rejection before, but she tries to keep herself amused. On the bad days, however, self-sabotage is what she does best. Daniel is a welcome distraction, but is he what she really needs? How easy is it to fight guilt, low self-esteem, and an overwhelming need for attention? What to do with a long-kept secret when it is finally revealed? Is it easier to abandon or be abandoned? Does either have to happen? Perhaps more kitschy than artistic, this often cringeworthy story is an unexpected combination of the two. Warning: this might be the silliest and most primitive vel you have ever read.
- Author BiographyAnyer Feanix is a former teacher of English who has gone into hiding after suffering extreme trauma in her course of work and - consequently - quitting the profession. She is a tiny bit OCD and loves nature, scientific curiosities, globetrotting, and fellow weirdos. Please visit her here: http: //anyerfeanix.blogspot.com.
- Author(s)Anyer Feanix
- Date of Publication11/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.99New
- AU $71.82New
- AU $91.13New
- AU $79.26New
- AU $49.25New
- AU $21.55New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.90Trending at AU $30.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.37
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.26
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.11
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.87
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $19.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.