All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionIf you think tacos are greasy, unhealthy fast food - think again. Tacos are so much more than minced beef and grated cheese in a crispy shell; they include fresh, tasty ingredients that are good for you. Tacos, burritos and quesadillas hail from Mexico and traditional recipes generally involve long-simmered meat or poultry, topped with crispy vegetables, wrapped or sealed in a soft flour or corn tortilla and served with a dollop of spicy salsa. It is street food par excellence and as the trend has grown, so have the options for fillings. This book offers a collection of recipes for taco, quesadilla and burrito fillings, with a good selection of contemporary twists to get you hooked on the taco-making and eating craze. Ideas for Tacos include Chipotle Chicken and Ancho Chilli-Roasted Butternut. More substantial Burritos include Chorizo, Bean and Pepper; or Chicken Mole. Quesadillas are perfect for sharing - try a Ham and Egg Breakfast Quesadilla. Also included are ideas for Sides & Salsas as, often, a taco is only as good as the extra bits you add to it, such as Guacamole, Tomatillo Salsa and Baja Slaw.
- Author BiographyLaura Washburn was born in Los Angeles, trained at the prestigious Paris cooking school, Ecole de Cuisine La Varenne and is now based in London. For Ryland Peters & Small, she has written The French Country Table, Home-cooked Comforts and Vegetarian Food for Kids.
- Author(s)Laura Washburn Hutton
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication05/04/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width190 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.