All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book tells the fascinating story of the town of Tadcaster in North Yorkshire. By juxtaposing ninety archive images alongside full-colour modern photographs, each page provides a snapshot of the town throughout the ages. The influence of the three breweries - Tower, John Smith, and Sam Smith - that have become synymous with Tadcaster, and the famous magnesian limestone for which the Romans named their town Calcaria, are explored here. Also featured are Towton, the site of the biggest and bloodiest battle in the Wars of the Roses, and Boston Spa, the home of the rthern British Library. Bramham Park, host to the Bramham Horse Trials and Leeds Festival each year is also included. This edition has been fully updated and revised, with new images of all aspects of life in and around Tadcaster.
- Author BiographyPaul Chrystal was educated at the Universities of Hull and Southampton where he took degrees in Classics and wrote his MPhil thesis on attitudes to women in Roman love poetry. He appears regularly on BBC local radio the World Service. He is the author of over fifty books on a wide range of subjects, including histories of northern places, social histories of tea and of chocolate, a history of confectionery in Yorkshire and various aspects of classical literature and Roman history. Mark Sunderland has been a keen photographer since the age of 11 and his speciality is landscapes. He was highly commended in the 2000 Wildlife Photographer of The Year Competition for Composition and Form. Mark has been a freelance photographer since 2004. He lives in Knaresborough.
- Author(s)Mark Sunderland,Paul Chrystal
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.