All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to the World Taekwondo Federation, there are over 90,000,000 taekwondo practitioners worldwide. Every level 1 black belt student is required to learn Poomsae Koryo. Yet few are familiar with the ancestral form kwn as the 'Original Koryo'.Prearranged forms kwn as poomsae in taekwondo, are a primary method of transmitting martial arts skills from teacher to student. As sport preference supplanted fighting preference in taekwondo s reason for existence, the Original Koryo was modified in kind to today s well-kwn Koryo. Written specifically for level 1 and level 2 black belt students, this book is a scholarly attempt to capture, transmit and preserve as an inheritance, the historical treasures and technical elements inherent in Original Koryo and Koryo, as well as the applications less obvious or even secretly encoded in these forms. This kwledge will benefit those seeking more than triumph in the ring or aerobic fulfillment from their taekwondo training. In summary, students will find in this book: History and philosophy Technical elements for learning the basics Detailed instruction for learning Koryo Detailed instruction for learning Original Koryo Over two hundred photographs, line of motion charts, stepping patterns, and martial applications are provided throughout this in-depth instructional book.
- Author BiographyGrandmaster Richard Chun, Ph.D. is Chairman and Executive Director of the United States Taekwondo Association. A 9th degree black belt, past head coach of the USA Taekwondo Team, senior referee for 1988 Olympics, and inducted into the Black Belt Hall of Fame (1979) and the Taekwondo Hall of Fame (2004). Richard Chun resides in Tenefly, New Jersey.Doug Cook, 6th degree black belt, is the author of three books, hundreds of magazine articles; is an award winning staff writer for Taekwondo Times Magazine, and a six time gold medalist in the NY State Taekwondo Governor s Cup. Doug owns and operates the Chosun Taekwondo Academy in Warwick, New York.
- Author(s)Doug Cook,Richard Chun
- PublisherYMAA Publication Center
- Date of Publication07/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYMAA Publication Center
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white halftones, black & white line drawings, diagrams, figures
- Weight422 g
- Width185 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.